What is the Utility Assistance Program?
- The Utility Assistance Program provides governmental and non-profit organizations a quick and easy method for assisting Duke Energy Progress customers with payment of their electric bill.
Who should use the Utility Assistance Program?
- This site is intended for use by non-profit and governmental agencies.
- Customers seeking help with their electric bill should call our Customer Service Center at 1.800.452.2777.
How does my agency use the Utility Assistance Program?
- Registration: Prior to using Utility Assistance, the agency will need to complete our one-time registration process that allows online access to account information and provides the ability to pledge a payment toward the client's account. If the agency has previously registered, it may by-pass this step and begin using Utility Assistance. Agencies needing to register can e-mail their request to email@example.com. Please include the agency's name and contact number in the e-mail.
- Making a pledge: Login to Utility Assistance by entering your e-mail ID and password. After logging in, enter the customer account number to retrieve the Pledge/Inquiry page, which provides current account information and prompts for adding a pledge. Complete the pledge details, including authorized agency representative, pledge amount, and e-mail address, then submit. A confirmation page will be displayed and a separate e-mail note will be sent confirming the details of your pledge.
Learn about other Customer Assistance Programs (PDF)