This report includes information on the company's balanced strategy to meet growing electricity demand and secure the region's energy future by investing in energy-efficiency programs, alternative and renewable energy sources and a state-of-the-art power system.
In addition, the report discusses the company's commitment to its communities, including engagement, philanthropy, economic development and supplier-diversity efforts; addressing global climate change; the environment, including air and water quality; employees, including safety, ethics and diversity; and shareholders, with an emphasis on corporate governance, integrity and productivity.
Highlights from the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report include:
- Progress Energy customers saved more than 267 million kWh using our energy-efficiency programs, thus reducing carbon dioxide emissions by more than 200,000 tons according to the U.S. EPA.
- More than 464,500 customers signed up for our EnergyWise Home℠ Program in the Carolinas and Florida, enabling us to reduce power generation by as much as 758 megawatts (MW) during the high-demand periods.
- We completed a new state-of-the-art natural gas-fired plant, began construction of two new, natural gas-fired plants and retired the first of four coal plants.
- Our crews safely and quickly restored power after three major storm events in 2011 that affected approximately 970,000 customers.
- We invested nearly $9 million through philanthropic programs in our communities.
- Working with other partners, we helped to bring more than 5,000 jobs and $1.2 billion in investments to our service areas.
- Our greenhouse gas emissions were our lowest in a decade.
- The company purchased 2.87 million megawatt-hours of renewable energy - more than doubling 2010 levels. That’s equal to the average annual electricity use of about 200,000 households.
- Our Occupational Safety and Health Administration injury and illness rate is below 1.0 for the sixth consecutive year.
- Progress Energy delivered a 36.4 percent total return to shareholders last year (dividend plus stock price appreciation).
Each of our Progress Energy employees is keenly aware of our responsibility to our environment, our customers and our company. We know that millions of people are counting on us and we are determined to exceed those expectations today – and every day into the future.
The information in this report is current as of April 15, 2012.
Please select a topic from the navigation menu on the right to learn about our commitments to our customers, communities, climate change, environment, employees and shareholders.