Please follow these guidelines when participating in the Energy Forum or when providing comments in any other area of the progress-energy.com site. Content that does not adhere to the following guidelines will be removed from this website.
You may not submit any content:
- that is illegal, obscene, vulgar, offensive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, hateful, abusive, discriminatory, racially or religiously biased or offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit, indecent or embarrassing to any other person or entity, or otherwise restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Site;
- that is invasive of privacy, injurious or objectionable to third parties;
- that is fraudulent or otherwise constitutes or contains false, inaccurate or misleading indications of origin, endorsement or statements of fact;
- that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, code or regulation;
- that consists of or contains advertisements, political campaigning, commercial solicitations, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind, mass mailings, any form of "spam", embedded links, or references to other products, offers, websites, URLs, or viruses (for the purposes of these Community Guidelines, "viruses" includes, without limitation, software routines, codes or instructions, hardware components or combinations thereof, that are designed to (a) permit unauthorized access to software; or (b) disable, delete, modify, damage, or erase software, hardware or data, including, but not limited to, components that are commonly referred to as "viruses," "back doors," "time bombs," "Trojan Horses," "worms" or "drop dead devices");
- that consists of or contains e-mail addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of personal or contact information;
- for which you were compensated or provided any consideration by any third party;
- that identifies any specific person, including any employees of Progress Energy; or
- that contains off-topic information.